Millions of people all over the world suffer from migraines every day. Migraines affect people from all walks of life, age, and gender. Unfortunately, many are not well-informed about the seriousness of migraines. The lack of awareness causes social stigma and a dismissive view of migraines. Because of this, migraine sufferers often feel isolated, misunderstood, and may even fail to seek the medical help they need to get better. So, how much do you really know about migraines?
Some interesting facts about Migraine
- 20 million migraine attacks occur everyday worldwide
- 3x more women are affected by migraines than men. After puberty, estrogen fluctuations in the female body make women 3x more susceptible to migraines than men.
- 1 out of every 20 children suffer from migraines
- 25% of women and a average of 8% of men will suffer from migraines sometime in their life.
- 10% of children between ages 5-15 suffer from migraines.
- 50% of affected women suffer more than one migraine a month.
- 62% of migraines in kids last more than 24 hours.
- Migraines become chronic migraines when they occur 15 days or more a month or more than 24 months.
- Boys are equally affected by migraines as girls.
- Migraines around the world
- North America | Women-22% Men-8%
- South America | Women-17% Men-8%
- Africa | Women-7% Men-3%
- Asia | Women-10% Men-3%
- Europe | Women-15% Men-7%
We have created iMigraine Journal and tracking app for people suffering from Migraines. It helps people to fight migraine by recording their migraines and tracking how it affects them.